View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 26th, 2014, 9:16 am



Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Kobe Bryant... 
Author Message
Post Kobe Bryant...
I figured I'd post this because no one else has....

Kobe listed three teams that he would consider going to Phoenix, Chicago, and NY Knicks...

If I were Joe D I would make a play for him. IMO Chauncy sucks, we need a "go-to" guy, a clutch player, and someone to hit a shot when no one else can. Kobe is a bit of a "me-first" player, which can destroy the cohesiveness of a team, but IMO with our surrounding cast we'd be championship contenders for the next 3-4 years with him on our squad...

I would give up Chauncy, Sheed, and draft picks to get him... But I don't think the Lakers would accept the deal. Really, I don't think we have any two players, with draft picks that they would take for him... But damn would it suck if he landed in Chicago... The Lakers probably don't even want Ben... I think they would more be interested in Gordon/Heidrich... Put Kobe on that squad and I wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs...


June 20th, 2007, 7:20 pm
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 1:25 am
Posts: 4918
Location: Hills of Auburn
Post Re: Kobe Bryant...
wjb21ndtown wrote:
I figured I'd post this because no one else has....

Kobe listed three teams that he would consider going to Phoenix, Chicago, and NY Knicks...

If I were Joe D I would make a play for him. IMO Chauncy sucks, we need a "go-to" guy, a clutch player, and someone to hit a shot when no one else can. Kobe is a bit of a "me-first" player, which can destroy the cohesiveness of a team, but IMO with our surrounding cast we'd be championship contenders for the next 3-4 years with him on our squad...

I would give up Chauncy, Sheed, and draft picks to get him... But I don't think the Lakers would accept the deal. Really, I don't think we have any two players, with draft picks that they would take for him... But damn would it suck if he landed in Chicago... The Lakers probably don't even want Ben... I think they would more be interested in Gordon/Heidrich... Put Kobe on that squad and I wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs...


First NY has nothing to offer for him IMO. 2nd, what is Phoenix going to give up...Marion? Phoenix thought Detroit should take Marion for Sheed and another starter and a draft pick...yeah right. Joe D should enter the fray but I would probably look to trade Kobe for Tay and Rip and a draft pick or 2. First Kobe would play the 2...2nd the 3 spot is one of the easiest to find a decent guy draftwise or free agency...maybe not of the unique skill of Tay but to me it's well worth it. Maybe Maxiell could fill in at the 3. And lastly Sheed is our best player. I think even with Kobe if you drop Billups (good PGs are hard to come by) and Sheed we are now...the LA Lakers of the East. We lose a talented big man and a PG who can dish and make plays...both of which Kobe HAS NOT had in LA and that's why they have been losing.

Here are the 2 lineups:

PG?? Alex Acker
Kobe Bryant
Tayshaun Prince
Jason Maxiell
Chris Webber/Antonio McDyess
(Where does Rip fit in)
or my proposal

Chauncy Billups
Kobe Bryant
Jason Maxiell
Rasheed Wallace
Chris Webber/Antonio McDyess

Just my thoughts...great topic. I would do it in a heartbeat though :shock:

How about Rip and Tay for Garnett?

Chauncy Billups
Alex Acker
Jason Maxiell
Rasheed Wallace
Kevin Garnett

And fyi...I am not against Rip or Tay...I just think those are two positions where we are overly jump shooting and need at least in one spot someone who can slash more. And as I said before...the 2 and 3 are the easiest positions to fill.

_________________
Regards, Alpha|Lionbacker.com \(^o^)/
"I date this girl for two years and then the nagging starts: I wanna know your name..." - Mike Binder


June 22nd, 2007, 10:10 am
Profile WWW
Post 
I just believe that this team isn't going to go anywhere until we get a "go-to" guy. It used to be Chauncy and Rip, but Chauncy's shot disappeared somehow, and Rip is too frail to be a go-to guy IMO... He gets bodied around too easily. When we need that 1 clutch bucket, it's too easy to defend Rip for that reason.

I would actually rather have Garnet than Kobe, I think. Garnet just seems like he is more versitile. Still, I dislike Chauncy and think the alterations in the league rules/way they call the game have rendered him ineffective. He turns the ball over WAY too much, his head doesn't seem in it, he doesn't seem to have that heart and desire that he once had, and he's left being a big slow point guard that's precluded from the league from using his size to his advantage. I would rather we got someone else.


June 22nd, 2007, 2:57 pm
Post 
Oh yeah, and to answer your question... The Knicks still have Marberry and Franchise... I would think that one of those guys, a young forward, and a couple of draft picks might look pretty good if that's the highest offer on the table and you're stuck with a player that doesn't want to play for you.


I'm not too hip on Phoenix, so I can't asnwer that question in regards to them, but I honestly don't think that Kobe will be traded to another team in the West anyhow.

I wouldn't mind giving up Rip or Tay, but I'd rather not. I agree that the Pistons would look a lot like the Lakers of the East if we made my proposed trade, but 1) I think that's what it would take to get it done, and 2) I still think our supporting cast is better than the Lakers. At least we have other people that can shoot jump shots, the Lakers don't. We witnessed firsthand how easy it is for other teammates to hit shots while the other team scrambles to double and triple team your superstar. I do admit though, we would need a big-man if we make that trade... Mohamed and Delk wouldn't be able to handle the load up front, that's for sure.


June 22nd, 2007, 3:06 pm
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 1:25 am
Posts: 4918
Location: Hills of Auburn
Post 
wjb21ndtown wrote:
He turns the ball over WAY too much, his head doesn't seem in it, he doesn't seem to have that heart and desire that he once had, and he's left being a big slow point guard that's precluded from the league from using his size to his advantage. I would rather we got someone else.


Well I think he would be great as a PG to a KG or KB. And during the season he has one of the best Assist to TO ratios in the league. He didn't have a great playoffs but I think should we have a main player here he would be a great compliment to them. And the fact is there is no other PG you are going to get that is better right now.

_________________
Regards, Alpha|Lionbacker.com \(^o^)/
"I date this girl for two years and then the nagging starts: I wanna know your name..." - Mike Binder


June 22nd, 2007, 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Post 
theAlphaMale wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
He turns the ball over WAY too much, his head doesn't seem in it, he doesn't seem to have that heart and desire that he once had, and he's left being a big slow point guard that's precluded from the league from using his size to his advantage. I would rather we got someone else.


Well I think he would be great as a PG to a KG or KB. And during the season he has one of the best Assist to TO ratios in the league. He didn't have a great playoffs but I think should we have a main player here he would be a great compliment to them. And the fact is there is no other PG you are going to get that is better right now.


What's Gary Payton or Rose doing these days!??? :D :idea: Lol I'm just kidding... But I have always liked GP and Rose... IMO they're the type of guys that you think you got a chance to win with on any given night, even if they're past their prime to the point of that not being true anymore... They're like Mike Tyson.. he can get his azz kicked 10 times in a row, and I STILL think he's going to win his next fight!


June 22nd, 2007, 3:20 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.