View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 4:59 am



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Dallas Drake... 
Author Message
Post Dallas Drake...
He was placed on waivers today... Would anyone want him for $1 million next year?

I'm not saying we should pick him up... His +/- ratio sux, his production sux, but he's physical and it sure would be nice to pick up a physical, hard-hitting ANYONE...


June 26th, 2007, 11:42 pm
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11965
Post 
I agree. He seems like a decent, tough, physical player and we certainly could use a couple of those.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


June 27th, 2007, 10:16 am
Profile
Post 
TheRealWags wrote:
I agree. He seems like a decent, tough, physical player and we certainly could use a couple of those.


How's the salary cap lookin' these days?... I mean, that's what I have no idea on... Is 1 mill too much for a checking line only C?

It just seems a weird situation right now... Some players that are more or less stars are playing for peanutts because other team's caps are full... Didn't Dom play for like 1.1 million last year or something like that?

IMO Drake is a little drity, but I'll take it... Send him after Neidermayer or Pronger... Screw 'em... Let the dirty birds kill eachother so the real players can play hockey...


June 27th, 2007, 11:56 am
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11965
Post 
I have NO idea how the Cap works in Hockey other than its weird. I believe that player bonus' (regardless of what kind of bonus) counts towards the Cap. WTF??? I agree that there probably should be a Cap in Hockey, just not the way their doing it. Perhaps they should've looked at the NFL or MLB or NBA or something before they came up with what they have. I just don't think bonus' should be counted towards the cap, especially player incentive bonus', but that's just me and what the hell do I know :wink:

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


June 27th, 2007, 3:15 pm
Profile
Post 
TheRealWags wrote:
I have NO idea how the Cap works in Hockey other than its weird. I believe that player bonus' (regardless of what kind of bonus) counts towards the Cap. WTF??? I agree that there probably should be a Cap in Hockey, just not the way their doing it. Perhaps they should've looked at the NFL or MLB or NBA or something before they came up with what they have. I just don't think bonus' should be counted towards the cap, especially player incentive bonus', but that's just me and what the hell do I know :wink:


IMO, it's not only the cap, but the salaries too that are weird right now... Some players that held out for more money ended up getting screwed when no team willing to pay had the money to sign 'em...

I just don't know what the average salaries are, or if 1 million dollars per year is too much for his role...


June 27th, 2007, 3:54 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post 
Did I hear somebody say, "salary cap"? :D

The last I heard, the Wings had a little over $10M to play with. But, they have to re-sign Hasek, 2 defensemen and atleast 1 forward (probably 2) with that money. They could easily sign Drake for $1M if they wanted to go that way, but I think they're going to look for someone who can score more. It's going to be interesting to see what they do.

_________________
Image


June 27th, 2007, 9:43 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 11965
Post Wings add depth with Drake
Good call wjb!

freep.com wrote:
Wings add depth with Drake

July 9, 2007

The Red Wings have made a move to add depth, signing veteran defensive forward Dallas Drake to a one-year, one-way deal worth $550,000 on Monday.

Drake could be a good fit on the third or fourth line as checker and agitator. He had bad numbers the previous two seasons with the Blues, racking up a minus-14 rating in 60 games last season and a minus-13 in 62 games in 2005-2006, but that needs to be weighed against how bad the Blues were defensively as a team. Drake — 6-feet-1 and 195 pounds — can hit and aggravate, but his offensive skills have dropped off.

The Wings originally selected Drake with the 116th overall pick in the 1989 entry draft, and he played for Detroit in 1992-93 and 1993-94 before being traded to Winnipeg in 1994.

In 944 career NHL games over 14 seasons, Drake, 38, has racked up 174 goals, 297 assists and 844 penalty minutes.

Including prospect Igor Grigorenko in the equation, the Wings now have 13 forwards. Still, they’ll continue to seek an offensive forward to shore up the two top lines. Drake can be sent to Grand Rapids if needed, seeing as it’s unlikely he’d get picked up off waivers.

Copyright © 2007 Detroit Free Press Inc.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


July 9th, 2007, 3:17 pm
Profile
Post Re: Wings add depth with Drake
TheRealWags wrote:
Good call wjb!

freep.com wrote:
Wings add depth with Drake

July 9, 2007

The Red Wings have made a move to add depth, signing veteran defensive forward Dallas Drake to a one-year, one-way deal worth $550,000 on Monday.

Drake could be a good fit on the third or fourth line as checker and agitator. He had bad numbers the previous two seasons with the Blues, racking up a minus-14 rating in 60 games last season and a minus-13 in 62 games in 2005-2006, but that needs to be weighed against how bad the Blues were defensively as a team. Drake — 6-feet-1 and 195 pounds — can hit and aggravate, but his offensive skills have dropped off.

The Wings originally selected Drake with the 116th overall pick in the 1989 entry draft, and he played for Detroit in 1992-93 and 1993-94 before being traded to Winnipeg in 1994.

In 944 career NHL games over 14 seasons, Drake, 38, has racked up 174 goals, 297 assists and 844 penalty minutes.

Including prospect Igor Grigorenko in the equation, the Wings now have 13 forwards. Still, they’ll continue to seek an offensive forward to shore up the two top lines. Drake can be sent to Grand Rapids if needed, seeing as it’s unlikely he’d get picked up off waivers.

Copyright © 2007 Detroit Free Press Inc.


When Bertuzzi signed for $4-5 million per season, I thought Drake was a steal at around $1 mill per season if we got him off of the waiver wire. Looks like Holland 1 upped me, the bastard (even tho I love him for it), and got him for $550K. Hopefully that means we're not done signing people yet. By all accounts I've heard we still have around $2 mill left. An unhealthy Foresburg that only needs to perform for 1/2 a season would be nice, IMO :twisted: ....


July 9th, 2007, 10:08 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.