View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 6:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 ESPN League - Offseason Thread. 
Cheerleader

Hey Martha (still haven't mathed up all the screennames with team names)-

Not a bad trade for a player you just got off the free agent market, eh? :x :wink:

July 11th, 2007, 4:55 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Especially since I tried to pick him up before him and the site wouldn't let me... :evil:

Oh well it works for both of us....

July 11th, 2007, 6:17 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Just wondering how a team that saw the semis is getting no love in the trade season what is it? Come on guys.

July 12th, 2007, 11:07 am
Cheerleader

I don't know... maybe everyone's jealous because you live in Kingston? Is that for real? If so, daaamn.

Speaking of last year's results, is there a place on the league page that I can go to look at last year's playoff results?

July 12th, 2007, 7:52 pm
Veteran General Manager

I don't know... maybe everyone's jealous because you live in Kingston? Is that for real? If so, daaamn.

Speaking of last year's results, is there a place on the league page that I can go to look at last year's playoff results?

In the green box on the lower Right hand side of the league page.

Click on History.

July 12th, 2007, 8:28 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Yes it is true as I am the sole Detroit Lions fan in Jamaica. I remember being voted most dedicated fan on this site a couple years ago because i killed my laptop battery in the midst of a hurricane that took off my roof just so i could follow the lions score in a game. LOL :arrow:

July 13th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

If I'm reading this correctly, someone could actually start 5 WRs in a given week. That seems like a bit of overkill to me for a 16 team league. Personally, I'd like to see the WR/TE position eliminated because there is no need for it. Hell, somebody might be forced to draft Kevin Kasper in this situation and we all know who the likeliest candidate to do that would be. :lol:

July 14th, 2007, 12:03 am
Mr. Irrelevant

If I'm reading this correctly, someone could actually start 5 WRs in a given week. That seems like a bit of overkill to me for a 16 team league. Personally, I'd like to see the WR/TE position eliminated because there is no need for it. Hell, somebody might be forced to draft Kevin Kasper in this situation and we all know who the likeliest candidate to do that would be. :lol:

2 WR
1 WR/RB
1 WR/TE

Unless you count the TE position, then that would be 5...

I think it does spread us a little thin but I like this one cause it forces teams to be creative...

July 14th, 2007, 4:08 pm
Varsity 1st Team

I think we need to ditch the WR/TE slot or one of the WR slots.

We also need to to change the roster limit on RBs to four in lieu of three. Two possible starting and two on the bench. A limit ot three will not give a team enough depth at RB.

Just my opinions. Whatever the final outcome is, I will work with it and adjust my draft accordingly.

July 16th, 2007, 8:10 am
Veteran General Manager

Man! I'm friggin sorry I tried to give 1 more offensive player!

Does it really matter what the rules are as long as everyone has to play by the same rules?

There is only the possibility of playing 2 RB's at a time. 3 RB's max/team is plenty. Any more than that and you have a RB taking up a roster spot and not being used. I want each owner to have to make hard choices. Just like the real world.

Yes, you could play 5 WR's. WR's are a dime a dozen. Since we have 11 defensive players and only had 7 offensive players starting, I added 1. And WR/TE was the easiest to do considering player availability.

I did double check the league settings. I discovered that if a team used 5 WR's, they would be using every one of them on their roster. So, I increased the maximum WR's/team by 1.

So, in a nutshell, YES. During the bye weeks, each owner is going to have to make some hard decisions.

July 16th, 2007, 1:25 pm
Varsity 1st Team

July 16th, 2007, 1:41 pm
QB Coach

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but I wanted to guage iterest in a few of my players that are up for trade. Check out my roster, anyone is tradeable, but the main candidates are Chad Johnson, Colston and McGahee. If anybody is interested let me know and we can make a deal. Since I pick last I am looking for some higher up draft picks.

January 3rd, 2008, 2:50 pm
RIP Killer

Do we know how many players we are going to keep? I'd like to keep more than three and have some continuity and cut down on the draft a bit.

I'm open to trades as well, I've got at least two of everything...

QB - M. Bulger, J. Delhomme
RB - A. Peterson, F. Gore
WR/TE -L. Fitzgerald, G. Jennings, H. Ward, A. Gates

January 3rd, 2008, 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

I also would like to see some continuity from year to year.

Just a thought:

What if we were allowed to keep one player from each individual player position only (1 - QB, WR, RB, TE, DL, DE, LB, S, CB, K and P). This would allow a team to keep their key players or trade them off for 1 really good player or better draft positions.

Also, in order to create more pairity and the ability for the lower ranked teams to get better we should eliminate the snake draft and go to a regular draft. Thus giving the last place team the 1st and 17th pick.

I think this would shorten the draft, enhance trades, and build upon teams as each year goes bye (somewhat similar to a real NFL team). Can we set-up a maximum number of years a player can be on a team before they become FA? Maybe it is a maximum of 3 years with a 4th year franchise tag at the cost of a 1st round draft pick?

:idea: A BIG CONGRATS TO THE MARYLAND LIONS!! 2007 LIONBACKER ESPN KEEPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!!! :idea:

January 3rd, 2008, 6:14 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

BillySims or Rhys_Pieces, have either of you made a decision on the number of keepers for 2008? The last time I visited the site, it showed the number of keepers as 0. Also, any idea on when we can start making trades? I've got an offer hanging out there until we can complete it.

February 2nd, 2008, 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next