View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 4:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The quality of TV nowadays 
RIP Killer

Post The quality of TV nowadays
Does anyone else hate these stupid shows featuring Nick and Jessica or now Britney and Mark (?) Better yet, The Simple Life (1, 2, and interns), featuring the two dumbest broads alive. Man, if these window licking douches can get TV shows, I guess there's hope for me after all.

I mean seriously. I've, unfortunately, seen some of these shows for whatever reason, and felt like punching myself in the groin. That obnoxious boss show, those stupid bachelor/bachelorette shows, and the that new show with Pamela Anderson. These shows are crap! Even the new cartoons suck!

It seems like producers and TV executives are struggling for entertainment. Does anyone else agree or am I on my own with this one? Maybe I'm just full of too much hate...

April 21st, 2005, 10:52 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

They all have one thing in common: They're all reality T.V. shows. I'm not a big fan of reality T.V. in general, so I would have to agree with you and I just can't wait for the day when they are no longer the "in" thing.

April 21st, 2005, 11:09 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Re: The quality of TV nowadays
conversion02 wrote:
Does anyone else hate these stupid shows featuring Nick and Jessica or now Britney and Mark (?) Better yet, The Simple Life (1, 2, and interns), featuring the two dumbest broads alive. Man, if these window licking douches can get TV shows, I guess there's hope for me after all.

It seems like producers and TV executives are struggling for entertainment. Does anyone else agree or am I on my own with this one? Maybe I'm just full of too much hate...

I'm sure reality shows will cool down but I doubt they'll go away all together. The ones you mentioned all got fair to outstanding ratings and were VERY cheap to produce. No sets to build, no studio, lights, dressing room trailers ect. Even the "talent" is often minimal (fewer people to pay). Even if a reality show like the ones you mentioned is getting so-so ratings a network might keep it because it's so cost effective and thus still very profitable.

IMO the FX channel has some good hour long dramas right now, "Rescue Me", "The Sheild" & "Nip Tuck". "Simpsons" & "Arrested Development" are probably my favorite comedies. But I agree there's a ton of crap out there!

April 22nd, 2005, 2:04 am
RIP Killer

They all have one thing in common: They're all reality T.V. shows. I'm not a big fan of reality T.V. in general, so I would have to agree with you and I just can't wait for the day when they are no longer the "in" thing.

The thing about 'reality TV' is that there is nothing real about it.

April 22nd, 2005, 7:08 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Thats why you got to get a dish or digital cable... I use to have basic cable a while back and got very very hooked on watching sports because poop on TV (Dont get me wrong I loved sports before I got hooked but it wasnt the same as of right now)

Michael Huff for DROY

April 22nd, 2005, 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]