View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 13th, 2018, 2:28 pm



Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Draft Day Thread - Round 3 
Author Message
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 10063
Location: Dallas
Post Draft Day Thread - Round 3
Post your thoughts on day 3 here, not too many picks

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 28th, 2018, 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 10063
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
Lions traded up to round 4 to take DE Da'Shawn Hand (Alabama).

Traded with the Pats again (Quinn's 6th with his former team), a 3rd rounder next year - ugh!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 28th, 2018, 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: February 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Linden, MI
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
I am happy about the Hand pick. Let's see how that turns out.

_________________
OK. Schwartz is fired, the fans are happy, now what?


April 28th, 2018, 1:11 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 10063
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
jrd66 wrote:
I am happy about the Hand pick. Let's see how that turns out.


Kid has the physical traits but never seemed to live up to them at Alabama. In 2017 he had both an MCL injury and a driving under the influence...

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


April 28th, 2018, 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Joined: February 11th, 2005, 3:01 pm
Posts: 5081
Location: WSU
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
basically just increased the cost on the kerryon johnson trade...pats are geniuses. hand is an underachiever and i doubt patricia is a better coach than saban. he s athletic but i dont like it - usually the type of player they ve been avoiding. the way this is shaping up its going to be a top 70 pick they just gave away


April 28th, 2018, 1:19 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: February 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Linden, MI
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
The Legend wrote:
basically just increased the cost on the kerryon johnson trade...pats are geniuses. hand is an underachiever and i doubt patricia is a better coach than saban. he s athletic but i dont like it - usually the type of player they ve been avoiding. the way this is shaping up its going to be a top 70 pick they just gave away


OK. lets lay this out.

Pats trade rd 2 pick 43 and rd 4 pick 114 for rd 2 pick 51 rd 4 pick 117 and next years #3.

So for next years #3 the Lions move up in rd 2 and rd 4 this year for guys they want.

I guess to me, this feels like the total cost went down to be honest. If these guys both contribute, that's easily worth a rd 3 pick the next season.

_________________
OK. Schwartz is fired, the fans are happy, now what?


April 28th, 2018, 1:41 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 291
Location: Quebec City, Quebec
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
jrd66 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
basically just increased the cost on the kerryon johnson trade...pats are geniuses. hand is an underachiever and i doubt patricia is a better coach than saban. he s athletic but i dont like it - usually the type of player they ve been avoiding. the way this is shaping up its going to be a top 70 pick they just gave away


OK. lets lay this out.

Pats trade rd 2 pick 43 and rd 4 pick 114 for rd 2 pick 51 rd 4 pick 117 and next years #3.

So for next years #3 the Lions move up in rd 2 and rd 4 this year for guys they want.

I guess to me, this feels like the total cost went down to be honest. If these guys both contribute, that's easily worth a rd 3 pick the next season.


And according to A. Schefter had the Lions not moved up both of the players they chose would have come off the board 1-3 picks afterwards. Guess there is a plan in place and the front office is sticking to it. Hopefully it pans out...

_________________
I was at this casino minding my own business, and this guy came up to me and said, "You're gonna have to move, you're blocking a fire exit." As though if there was a fire, I wasn't gonna run. If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit


April 28th, 2018, 1:53 pm
Profile
Martha Firestone Ford
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 9082
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
No Hurst just went to the Raiders.


April 28th, 2018, 2:03 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: February 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Linden, MI
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
BillySims wrote:
No Hurst just went to the Raiders.


Bummer. I was hoping..

Maybe Tim Settle at the next pick.

_________________
OK. Schwartz is fired, the fans are happy, now what?


April 28th, 2018, 2:16 pm
Profile
Rookie Player of the Year

Joined: November 28th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Posts: 2360
Location: Newport Beach, Ca
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
Grink wrote:
jrd66 wrote:
The Legend wrote:
basically just increased the cost on the kerryon johnson trade...pats are geniuses. hand is an underachiever and i doubt patricia is a better coach than saban. he s athletic but i dont like it - usually the type of player they ve been avoiding. the way this is shaping up its going to be a top 70 pick they just gave away


OK. lets lay this out.

Pats trade rd 2 pick 43 and rd 4 pick 114 for rd 2 pick 51 rd 4 pick 117 and next years #3.

So for next years #3 the Lions move up in rd 2 and rd 4 this year for guys they want.

I guess to me, this feels like the total cost went down to be honest. If these guys both contribute, that's easily worth a rd 3 pick the next season.


And according to A. Schefter had the Lions not moved up both of the players they chose would have come off the board 1-3 picks afterwards. Guess there is a plan in place and the front office is sticking to it. Hopefully it pans out...


This makes the excitement from the Lion's war room after the Tracy Walker pick make more sense. The rumor is the Bears were going to take Hand, so that makes 4 picks for Quinn that had teams about to draft them.


April 28th, 2018, 3:48 pm
Profile
Martha Firestone Ford
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 9082
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
Nobody drafts FBs anymore. We just drafted an UDFA!!!


April 28th, 2018, 6:14 pm
Profile
Varsity Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 23rd, 2005, 11:58 am
Posts: 291
Location: Quebec City, Quebec
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
BillySims wrote:
Nobody drafts FBs anymore. We just drafted an UDFA!!!


Is there really a big dropoff between a 7th rounder and a UDFA? If he can play special teams and be a decent blocker in certain packages, then worth the pick.

_________________
I was at this casino minding my own business, and this guy came up to me and said, "You're gonna have to move, you're blocking a fire exit." As though if there was a fire, I wasn't gonna run. If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit


April 28th, 2018, 7:58 pm
Profile
Martha Firestone Ford
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 9082
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
Grink wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Nobody drafts FBs anymore. We just drafted an UDFA!!!


Is there really a big dropoff between a 7th rounder and a UDFA? If he can play special teams and be a decent blocker in certain packages, then worth the pick.


No it is not worth the pick when you could have gotten him as a UDFA. FBs are not in demand anymore. An I drafted FB, will jump all over the first UDFA contract he is offered because he knows he is not likely to receive another offer.

So, we wasted a draft pick that we could have picked a guy that is coveted by other teams also.


April 28th, 2018, 10:13 pm
Profile
Martha Firestone Ford
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 9082
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
BillySims wrote:
Grink wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Nobody drafts FBs anymore. We just drafted an UDFA!!!


Is there really a big dropoff between a 7th rounder and a UDFA? If he can play special teams and be a decent blocker in certain packages, then worth the pick.


No it is not worth the pick when you could have gotten him as a UDFA. FBs are not in demand anymore. An I drafted FB, will jump all over the first UDFA contract he is offered because he knows he is not likely to receive another offer.

So, we wasted a draft pick that we could have picked a guy that is coveted by other teams also.



That said, I like the our draft overall. I don’t really like drafting a Center in the 1st round. But, it was an unusual year for Centers.

I am concerned that Auburn used up Keryon Johnson like Michigan used up Chris Perry. Perry had nothing left for the NFL and was out of the league quickly. I will like this pick a lot more of he proves that he still has plenty to give.

I hope Walker is this years head scratcher that Quinn is eventually proven correct on like, ( I am brain farting on his name, the WR no one had ever heard of until we drafted him last year).

But, there is no reason to ever spend a draft pick on a FB.


April 28th, 2018, 10:24 pm
Profile
Mr. Irrelevant

Joined: February 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Posts: 974
Location: Linden, MI
Post Re: Draft Day Thread - Round 3
I agree with Billy. I like this draft as much as I disliked the last one.

The FB pick seems silly. I have no issue with a rd 1 C if he's in fact a real rd 1 C. We will see how these guys pan out. Quinn seems to have a knack for later round guys.

_________________
OK. Schwartz is fired, the fans are happy, now what?


April 28th, 2018, 11:39 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.