View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2018, 2:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Akeem Spence to Dolphins 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Akeem Spence to Dolphins
Lions traded Spence to the Dolphins for a 2019 7th round pick. Kinda nice that they got something back instead of just cutting him. Maybe they go and finally sign RJF or even better they work out a cheap 1 year with Hankins. What ever they do I think it's a good thing they don't have Spence taking up roster space anymore. He didn't add much pressure as a 3-tech and probably doesn't fit with the 2-gap DL Patricia likes. Hand should be able to play the 3 tech better anyways.

May 3rd, 2018, 5:11 pm
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Post Re: Akeem Spence to Dolphins
I'll be surprised if the pick doesn't move to a 5'th round based on Spence's playing time.

May 3rd, 2018, 7:37 pm
NFL Team Captain

I was initially upset when they gave up a next years 3rd to move into the 4th for Hand, but I get the need. It helps having extra picks in the 5th, 6th, and 7th, going into next years draft. So far, we have 9 picks. Ought to be a fun one.

May 4th, 2018, 3:59 pm
RIP Killer

rao wrote:
He didn't add much pressure as a 3-tech and probably doesn't fit with the 2-gap DL Patricia likes.

Spence didn't fit the 2-gap at all and is the main reason he is gone, good thing they got something for him.

May 4th, 2018, 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran NFL Head Coach

Pablo wrote:
rao wrote:
He didn't add much pressure as a 3-tech and probably doesn't fit with the 2-gap DL Patricia likes.

Spence didn't fit the 2-gap at all and is the main reason he is gone, good thing they got something for him.

Supposedly it was a "breakout" year for him according to the beat writers. I dont think many in Detroit were impressed. They get a 7th rounder in return which if its the Dolphins own pick could be an early 7th rd pick and perhaps more importantly $3m in cap space. Hopefully its a sign that Quinn and Patricia arent done with this roster yet and stand to still make a play or two to help that badly deficient front 7.

May 5th, 2018, 4:21 pm
3rd Round Selection

Judging by Spence's reaction to the trade the renegotiation of his contract was part of it and he was aware they were reworking it to trade him. Probably already knew where he was going also.

If this is what happened, it makes me wonder if Ebron had been asked to rework his contract to make a trade more appealling and refused.. i would understand that. I'm going to lose money so I at least want to chose where I go when I lose it. Not to mention there was probably little love lost for him regarding the Lions, certainly with the fn base.

As for more moves, Quinn said at his post draft presser they were not done. Unfortunately, this was only addition by subtraction. Have to reind myself patience. More teams are going to be cuttng players the more they see of their new acquisitions during OTA's and mini camps. Long way to go till the season starts (sigh)

May 6th, 2018, 6:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]