View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 1:36 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Joey Responds.. Where will he go? 

Where will Joey End Up?
Bengals 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Broncos 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
Chiefs 47%  47%  [ 31 ]
Dolphins 32%  32%  [ 21 ]
Jets 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Ravens 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
SeaHawks 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Other. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 66

Joey Responds.. Where will he go? 
Varsity Captain

Chargers after Harrington?

By: Nick Athan

Date: Mar 29, 2006

Word on the inside is the Chargers have inquired about Detroit quarterback Joey Harrington.

"The most recent name on the Chargers? list is current Detroit Lions quarterback Joey Harrington. Harrington isn?t a free agent, but San Diego has reportedly been in touch with the Lions "

scout.com

That would be perfect for Joey. When he checks down he will have LT to throw to.

March 30th, 2006, 12:01 pm
RIP Killer

That would be perfect for Joey. When he checks down he will have LT to throw to.

And the next best safety valve in the game - Antonio Gates

March 30th, 2006, 12:02 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Bengals | Team not likely to offer a first-day pick for Harrington
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:39:32 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals are not likely to give up a first-day draft choice for Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington. His asking price is reportedly in the $3 million range, which is probably out of the range for the Bengals.

Full Story @ Bengals.com

Harrington could be a good choice for them if Palmer's not ready. But I think it's better for him in KC. However...

KFFL wrote:
Chiefs | Have not scheduled visit with Harrington yet
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:43:08 -0800

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs president Carl Peterson have said the team has yet to schedule an interview with Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington. "We'll have that sorted out by the end of next week," said Peterson. "I want to see what the quarterbacks in the draft look like."

ALSO...

Free Press wrote:
Who will hire Harrington?

QB: Situation is ever-changing

March 30, 2006

BY NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

ORLANDO -- Joey Harrington left Miami without a deal Wednesday and headed to Cincinnati.

A Miami Herald reporter caught up to Harrington at the airport. Harrington said he didn't want to talk, let alone discuss his split with the Lions, but he made some brief comments.

"I enjoyed the visit, and I liked the Dolphins' coaches," Harrington said. "They have a great organization. Other than that, I don't know what else to say."

Quarterback Joey Harrington spent Wednesday visiting with the Dolphins, then headed to Cincinnati.

Asked if he had any visits scheduled after Cincinnati, Harrington said: "That's it for now, but the situation changes every minute."

Asked if he was ready to accept a backup role, Harrington said: "I don't want to talk about that. You're pushing it there."

Lions president Matt Millen has given six teams permission to talk to Harrington about a possible trade: Miami, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Dallas, Oakland and Seattle. He also has discussed Harrington with Baltimore and Denver.

Miami and Cincinnati seem to be the most serious suitors. Both have starting quarterbacks recovering from serious knee injuries. They need someone who can lead their off-season workouts and be ready to start the season in case their top guy can't go.

Other teams' interest seems more tempered, based on what was said on the last day of the annual NFL meetings.

Kansas City president Carl Peterson said he probably wouldn't bring in Harrington until the Chiefs went through their draft preparation.

"I need to know what we think we might be able to get with our draft choices -- particularly our first-day draft choices," Peterson said. "Once I can determine that with my personnel people, then I'll make a decision if it's worth continuing to pursue for a first-day draft choice, which I'm sure is what Matt wants."

Seattle coach Mike Holmgren said he would like to bring in Harrington. "Whether it actually can be done or will be done, we'll see," he said.

Denver coach Mike Shanahan said he had not asked the Lions for permission to speak to Harrington.

"It's too early," Shanahan said. "We have talked about a number of quarterbacks and different scenarios. Right now, we don't have any plans on bringing him in. But we have talked, and a lot has to do with salary and structure and things along those lines. ...

"There is interest, but there's so many different scenarios that exist before you'd actually bring somebody in."

Oakland coach Art Shell said the Raiders were evaluating Harrington and weren't sure if they would bring him in.

All the Lions can do is sit and wait.

"We let it run its course with him taking his trips, and then we have the conversations with the clubs," Millen said. "We'll be as aggressive as we can be. You'd like to do it as quick as possible, but if it doesn't get done, you've just got to be patient."

There are also multiple reports that the Raiders are very interested in Harrington.

March 31st, 2006, 6:25 am
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

Bengals | Team expected to make a contract offer to Harrington
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:48:49 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports agent David Dunn has been told the Cincinnati Bengals are preparing a contract offer for his client, Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington. However, some problems remain. Harrington is looking for a deal no longer than two years so he can have enough time to rehabilitate his career as a backup before seeking a starting job somewhere, and he is seeking between $2.5 million and $3 million per season to do it. The Bengals have their full complement of draft picks and could make a trade with Detroit but might not be willing to pay Harrington's price. While they ponder their decision, other teams like the Kansas City Chiefs could move in and try to nab Harrington.

Dolphins | Team expected to make a contract offer to Harrington
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:43:57 -0800

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports agent David Dunn has been told the Miami Dolphins are preparing a contract offer for his client, Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington. However, some problems remain. Harrington is looking for a deal no longer than two years so he can have enough time to rehabilitate his career as a backup before seeking a starting job somewhere, and he is seeking between $2.5 million and $3 million per season to do it. The Dolphins' salary structure does not typically pay a backup quarterback more than $2 million. Although the Dolphins might be willing to trade one of their three seventh-round picks for Harrington, they cannot meet the higher demands the Lions are likely to make. The Lions want no lower than a sixth-round selection for Harrington and are asking higher than that, according to an NFL source. Miami does not have a fifth- or sixth-round pick this year.

March 31st, 2006, 11:26 pm
RIP Killer

I'll actually be pissed if we get a 6th round pick at best.

What 6th or 7th rounder from the past 3 years is still with the team besides Kelly Butler (I don't count Victor Rogers because he's always being cut and brought back).

The Lions have been one of the worst teams in draft on day 2 over the past 5 years. Other teams are getting CBs who can actually play, QBs who turn into solid players or at least solid backups, and the Lions get nobodies who they cut.

April 1st, 2006, 1:44 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I'll actually be pissed if we get a 6th round pick at best.

What 6th or 7th rounder from the past 3 years is still with the team besides Kelly Butler (I don't count Victor Rogers because he's always being cut and brought back).

The Lions have been one of the worst teams in draft on day 2 over the past 5 years. Other teams are getting CBs who can actually play, QBs who turn into solid players or at least solid backups, and the Lions get nobodies who they cut.

What do you mean? We have always one of the best drafts. LOok at the talent on the roster. We have so much talent and Millen is so good at drafting that with an extra 6th pick he will discover the next all pro player. :lol:

Okay truthfully I believe that we could get a 4th or 5th pick for Joey. Almost every team in the league would take him and most blame his failure on the coaches

April 1st, 2006, 3:03 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Harrington deal could be near
MiamiHerald.com wrote:
Sun, Apr. 02, 2006

Harrington deal could be near

A source close to Joey Harrington said the Detroit quarterback prefers the Dolphins and their two-year offer over Cincinnati or Denver.

BY JASON COLE

Quarterback Joey Harrington was leaning toward agreeing to a contract with the Dolphins on Saturday, eliminating the major hurdle to Miami and Detroit working out a low-level trade for the former first-round pick.

A source close to Harrington said the Lions quarterback preferred the Dolphins' two-year offer over a one-year deal from Cincinnati and interest from Denver. The terms of the Dolphins' deal were not available, although Harrington is expected to earn approximately $2 million in 2006 from either the Dolphins or Bengals.

ON TOUR: Joey Harrington visited the Dolphins and is set to visit the Bengals, who might have the draft picks required to acquire him from Detroit.

The Dolphins still have to work out a trade with Detroit, which was looking for at least a sixth-round pick for Harrington. The Dolphins don't have a fifth- or sixth-round pick in 2006, but do have three seventh-round picks and could trade a future pick to the Lions.

''It could change because you know how [Bengals owner] Mike Brown is about quarterbacks when he likes one,'' the source said. "But I think it'll get down with Miami in the next day or two. [Harrington] just seemed to be a little more comfortable with the whole situation in Miami.''

Harrington likes the fact that his agent, David Dunn, also represents Dolphins quarterbacks coach Jason Garrett, and that tight end Justin Peelle, a teammate at the University of Oregon, recently signed with the Dolphins as a free agent.

Harrington also thinks he could see more playing time with the Dolphins than with Cincinnati. Both Dolphins starter Daunte Culpepper and Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer are recovering from knee surgery after sustaining season-ending injuries in 2005. Harrington has better information on Palmer's situation because Dunn also represents Palmer.

''The feeling is that [Culpepper's] injury is more serious and Culpepper is new, so that could give Harrington more of a chance to play,'' the source said. "He knows it's a backup situation, but he's looking for the best chance to get out there, do a good job and then hit the market a year from now if he can do that.''

Harrington was the No. 3 overall pick in the 2002 draft from Oregon, where he started ahead of former Dolphins quarterback A.J. Feeley. Through four seasons, Harrington has 60 touchdown passes, 62 interceptions and a career quarterback rating of 68.1, bouncing between starter and backup with the Lions.

Today could be the day. Saben wants a deal done by tomorrow.

April 2nd, 2006, 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

The problem. A trade with the Dolphins wouldn't even net us a 5th or 6th round pick. The Dolphins don't have a 5th or 6th pick to give. They have three 7th round picks. It doesn't sound like they are willing to give up a 4th round pick for him. So, IMO, If we have to settle for a 7th round pick, IT HAD BETTER BE ALL 3 of their 7th rounders. Maybe we can trade a couple of them for an additional 6th round pick or something.

April 2nd, 2006, 10:13 am
Hall of Fame Player

The problem. A trade with the Dolphins wouldn't even net us a 5th or 6th round pick. The Dolphins don't have a 5th or 6th pick to give. They have three 7th round picks. It doesn't sound like they are willing to give up a 4th round pick for him. So, IMO, If we have to settle for a 7th round pick, IT HAD BETTER BE ALL 3 of their 7th rounders. Maybe we can trade a couple of them for an additional 6th round pick or something.

I have no interest in three 7th round picks. I'd rather have a 3rd or 4th next year if we can't do better this year.

April 2nd, 2006, 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

if we settle on a 7th or 3 7th ill be agnry we better get the 4th

April 2nd, 2006, 11:05 am
Mr. Irrelevant

I thought it was said somewhere that they want a 4th round pick for Joey or middle round. A sixth or 7th round pick isn't a middle round. If the Redskins got a 6th for Ramsey we should be able to get at least a 4th. More teams like Joey than Ramsey

April 2nd, 2006, 1:44 pm
Stadium Announcer

I have a feeling since Miami doesn't have a 5th or 6th rounder in this years draft that we will get a 7th rounder this year and a draft choice in next years draft as well. JMHO.

April 2nd, 2006, 2:16 pm
Hall of Fame Player

If that's the case we should get 2 of the 7th rounders this year and a 3rd rounder next year. Call it interest. LOL.

April 2nd, 2006, 2:33 pm
Pro Bowl Player

April 2nd, 2006, 8:55 pm
Junior Varsity

ESPN Insider has an article about this now.

April 2nd, 2006, 11:00 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next